Nonprofit brand messaging audit. A third party 30k ft. view to look at what is working, what is not and what could be changed or reinforced. A brand messaging blog from FSG Messaging and Optics Loren Weisman.
Nonprofit brand messaging audit.
Inside of starting, new and even existing nonprofit organizations, the answers to messaging, marketing and engaging can be overwhelming. On top of that, when you have a number of people telling you what they think you should do, and often tied to how it will end up benefiting them, it can become even more confusing.
Loren Weisman and FSG Messaging and Optics are offering a number of no cost, brief brand messaging audits.
To apply for one. Please send us:
The name of your Organization
A link to your 501c3 status on your state website
Social Media sites
as well as three questions you have regarding messaging.
We are looking to steward with those that showcase the integrity, authenticity and honor in their organization and mission.
And, if we can not connect with you, consider running a self 501c3 brand messaging review and audit yourself, looking at these points below.
1. The core of the content review
– Are there problems with naming, competition, compliance or understanding?
2. Looking over the content that is being curated
– Is your content only intention based and is it optimized to compound?
3. The considerations of legal and message compliance
– Are your online compliance measures in place?
4. The marketing of the messaging
– Are you messaging with authenticity or using spam tactics for popularity?
5. The security of the brand, the messaging and the mission.
– Are the protective measures in place for brand, web and beyond? Are you paying thew wrong people?
6. The organization endurance footprint
– Do you show a steady, even if slow or small level of constant correct continuity
7. The short and the long of the strategy with or without money.
– Are you waiting for help or showing what you can do with the time and money you have in the moment?
Taking that step back for yourself or connecting with us for a hour review, may help to align or define the correct methodical and strategic steps for you and not for anyone else. Your NPO messaging and optics set on a solid foundation can allow for a greater connection for exposure and assistance.
Beware though. Many out there claiming to be experts are happy to take the money and waste the time. From the networking you do for your organization to how people are pitching and promoting themselves to you, vet and vet hard. The right decisions early on and the right shifts early on can have a long lasting effect and allow for greater results and impact. Ask them how they can do what they can claim to do for you too.
Lead with the how. So many scream only about what they can do for you. Consider standing out by sharing the authenticity, authority and intelligence of how you can do it with them.
And some of what you might find from high above, can help you reset, recenter and refocus the foundation on the ground.
“Are you network messaging or network marketing? In these times, it seems people may be more enticed by an engaging message over the usual marketing pitches.”
Lastly, In stewarding strategic solutions for your nonprofit, be sure to consider a patient tempo in love and not trying to rush or move in fear.